How do I care for my Diamond Purchase?
Unlike general perception, diamonds are not indestructible. They must be treated with care to ensure that you have years of enjoyment from your diamond purchase.
Below are a few tips to ensure your diamond purchase gives you years of joy
- Clean your jewellery piece regularly.
- best way to clean your ring is to use an ultrasonic cleaner. These can be purchased online easily. If you are unsure which cleaners are good we will be happy to assist.
- cleaning your ring with a toothbrush under warm running water is alo great. Use the toothbrush to clean the bottom and sides of the diamond and rinse with water.
- Use a toothpick to scrape away dirt and grime from the bottom and sides of the diamond. Toothpicks are great as they can get into hard to reach areas between claws. Rinse with water after.
- Bring your ring into our showroom and we will clean it for you free of charge!
- Get it checked at least once a year to ensure the ring is in perfect condition.
- Rings will scratch and fade over time with normal wear and tear. If the metal on your ring has lost its shine it maybe time to repolish or recoat your ring. Most people do this once every few years and the cost is minimal.
- Be careful!! We know it sounds silly but caring for your jewellery is important. We have had many clients return with damaged rings due to banging the ring against things which resulted in damaged claws or bent bands.