Below is a summary of our terms and conditions.
CREDIT REPORTING POLICY
The Customer agrees that the Company may:
- (i) Disclose the information relating to the Customer’s trading history and activities to a credit reporting agency in accordance with Privacy Act 1988 and
- (ii) Give or obtain a report regarding the Customer’s commercial activities and commercial credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity from a credit reporting agency or disclosed by a credit reporting agency that they are allowed to give or receive under Privacy Act 1988.
Diamond Story is commited to the protection of your personal information. The integrity and privacy of our customer details are maintained and upheld at all times and not sold to any other organization for any reason. That is why we have prepared this document to ensure you are aware of your rights and our commitment to your privacy. They are in accord with the National Privacy Principles (“NPP’s”) set out in Schedule 3 of the Privacy Act 1988. These are the rules that apply to many private sector organizations including us that regulate the way in which we deal with your personal information.
In this Policy the words “we”, “our” or “us” means Diamond Story Pty Ltd (ABN 92122108413).
2. Collection of personal information
2.1 The type of personal information we collect about you includes:
- 2.1.1 your name and address;
- 2.1.2 your telephone numbers;
- 2.1.3 your email address;
- 2.1.4 your computer IP address from our website;
- 2.1.5 details of your previous dealings with us;
- 2.1.6 your financial information (eg. personal credit card information when you make payments to us);
2.2 We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- 2.2.1 in any credit application that you may complete
- 2.2.2 in discussions with you whether in person or by telephone;
- 2.2.3 through accounts and payments you make to us;
- 2.2.4 through our website or by email;
- 2.2.5 through a third party, such as your accountant or lawyer.
- 2.3.1 Our identity and how to contact us;
- 2.3.2 That he or she can access the information;
- 2.3.3 The purpose for which we have collected the information;
- 2.3.4 The organizations or types of organizations that we usually disclose the information to.
3 Use of personal information
3.1 We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- 3.1.1 to provide financial and business related information and/or services to you;
- 3.1.2 to process transactions;
- 3.1.3 for billing purposes
- 3.1.4 to provide you with information and updates on our products and services and promotional offers that we provide using the email address that you have provided;
- 3.1.5 to compose diagnostic and statistical information for our computer network;
- 3.1.6 to evaluate the effectiveness of our website and our products and services and
- 3.1.7 to enable us to better understand your needs and to communicate more effectively with you.
3.2 If you do not wish to receive information and updates from us, you may “opt out” of our list and your name will be removed from our list.
3.3 If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
3.4 We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about us and about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
4 The quality of your personal information
4.1 We believe it is important to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. To this end our staff have procedures to monitor some of your personal information.
4.2 We also request that you contact us and tell us if any of your personal information has changed (eg. your address) or if you believe that the personal information is inaccurate. After you advise us we can then update our records and ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
You may contact us and request particulars of the personal information that we hold about you, and whether that personal information needs to be amended or corrected in any way. We may charge you a fee for providing this information depending on the nature of your request. You may contact us at [email protected]
5 The security of personal information
5.1 We are committed to maintaining a high level of security of our Customers files and personal information.
5.2 We use the following security measures to protect and maintain the safety of your personal information:
- 5.2.1 locked offices;
- 5.2.2 passwords on all our computers;
- 5.2.3 a firewall on our computer network, which is monitored by computer security personnel; and
- 5.2.4 virus protection software;
5.3 We will keep personal information as long as we need it for the purposes in clause 2.1 of this policy, after which time we will destroy or de-identify the personal information. Otherwise we may keep personal information for any period required by law.
6 Disclosure of personal information
6.1 We may disclose personal information to:
- 6.1.1 our staff and contractors that we engage to undertake services on your behalf
- 6.1.2 local, interstate, or foreign employees and agents which may be involved in providing you products and services;
- 6.1.3 a third party contractor or service provider who may be performing services for us which involves your personal information or who we may engage to assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- 6.1.4 We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
6.2 We will not sell your personal information to marketing bodies without your consent.
6.3 Unless you expressly advise us not to, you consent to us using images of your diamond, ring, or other jewellery supplied to you by us in our Company’s advertising or in any social media posts that we utilize to promote our business.
7.1 When you view our website we may store certain information on your computer. This information may be in the form of a small text file called a “cookie”. A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
7.2 We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
7.3 Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
7.4 You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
8. What other information do we collect?
When you access and interact with our website, we may collect certain information often referred to as “clickstream data” Such data may include the type of internet browser and operating system you are using, the pages and information you accessed on our website, the total time spent on our site and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site. Clickstream data will not be used to identify you personally and will not be associated or correlated with any site visitor in a personally identifiable manner.
9. Links to other website
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
10. Do you have any concerns, queries, disputes, complaints or wish to update your personal information or opt out of receiving marketing communications?
10.2 If you have any disputes or complaints, our privacy officer will attend to them and may request that you put your dispute or complaint in writing. Our privacy officer will investigate any dispute or complaint and respond to you within a reasonable time.
SCHEDULE 4 : WEBSITE USAGE TERMS
Introduction and Key Definitions
(b) In these Usage Terms the words “the Company”, “we”, “our” or “us” means the owner of the website which is Diamond Story Pty Ltd (ABN 92122108413).
(c) In these Usage Terms the following definitions shall apply:
- “Content” means all postings, messages, text, files, images or other material on the Website, including, without limitation, descriptions of Items and Item profiles
- The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The term “Trading Terms” means the Company’s Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time), and include these Usage Terms.
The use of our website is subject to the following usage terms:
You acknowledge and agree that by accessing, browsing or using our website you agree to these Usage Terms as amended from time to time and you agree that you have read and understood them and to be bound by them.
In addition to being bound by these Usage Terms, all persons proposing to purchase Items via our Website shall be subject to our Company’s Trading Terms (as amended from time to time).
We may amend these Usage Terms and change the content of our website at any time. Any amendments will be effective immediately by email, conventional mail service or any other means of communication, including notification in this section of this website. Your continued use of this website after any amendment becomes effective constitutes an agreement by you to abide by and be bound by these Usage
Terms as so amended.
3. Use of Website
a) The Website may be used only for lawful purposes.
b) All Content is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated, and we do not control, and are not responsible for Content provided by any other person.
c) Users are not permitted to upload, post, email, or otherwise make available any Content:
- (i) that is false or misleading;
- (ii) that infringes any intellectual property rights of, or a duty of confidentiality to, any other person;
- (iii) that advertises products or services the sale or supply of which is prohibited or restricted by applicable law;
- (iv) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- (v) that is libellous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise offensive; or
- (vi) otherwise hinders the use or enjoyment